Join in my experience as a midwife intern in the Philippines

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Outreach to Agdao

Today I went on outreach to Agdao where we did prenatal exams and health teaching in a church there. I went with Nancy, Leanne (my aunt), and Ate Jhobee. It was so fun! Now I am on swing shift (pulling a double shift today).

I am wrapping things up here and actually feeling bitter sweet about it. The transition here was hard. I was required to jump into life here as the other students had been here for 6 months already. I have gotten used to cold showers, hot days, lots of noise, lots of bodily fluids, and really made some great friends. I am so thankful for spending time with my family here and getting to be apart of their daily life and ministry. My uncle has been in Indonesia for the past 2 weeks and has 2 more left. My aunt, cousin and I have enjoyed a lot of girl time baking, sewing, playing piano together, and just enjoying each other's company. I am thankful for my time here and I look forward to what God will teach me even after I leave.

I CAN'T WAIT to see Daniel. It has been 3 long months, we're both getting really sick of skype. I look forward to being home and spending time with my family and have a little normalcy in life again.

I am thankful for the experience to see beyond the 4 walls of my little world in the US. My heart has softened here. I see a lot of pain, but I also see a lot of joy. It is so clear that that joy comes from the Lord. I get goose bumps seeing God work here. In certain cases during birth we will be praying out loud, anyone in the room will be praying for wisdom, strength, help, anything.


Outside the church in Agdao (l-r: Aunt Leanne, Nancy, Me, Jhobee)


Me and my Aunt (Dad's sister)


Checking heart tones


This is my 6th baby catch. Here we are smootchin' the little babe. This was at his 3 day baby check.

No comments:

Post a Comment